What are the benefits of vitamin D injections?
Vitamin D ingested by being taken orally in tablet form can take weeks sometimes months, to have an impact on your health. Alot of the dose is lost when it is converted in the gut. However, intramuscular vitamin D injections have a much more immediate impact – some people report feeling the impact right away. And because the vitamins are administered directly into the muscle, bypassing the gut, a much higher percentage of the vitamins can be utilised by the body.
What are the benefits of taking vitamin D?
• Maintains bone density and bone health
• Supports the immune system
• Aids the absorption of calcium and phosphate in the body (these are essential for muscles, teeth, and bones)
• Helps prevent osteoporosis
• Reduces inflammation
• Supports brain function
• Modulates cell growth
• May help protect against respiratory infections
• May alleviate symptoms of arthritis (research is ongoing but shows promising results)
How we get vitamin D ?
Although we get vitamin D from our food, we do not get enough, and what we do eat is usually poorly absorbed.
From sun: Our bodies create vitamin D from sunlight on the skin. The problem with this is that we need to protect our skin from harmful UV rays and so we wear sunscreen. Sunscreen with SPF 30 and above effectively blocks out UVB rays, indirectly reducing vitamin D production by up to 95%.
Symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency
A vitamin D deficiency can put you at higher risk of health conditions including heart disease, osteoporosis, diabetes, and depression. Signs that you may need more vitamin D include the some of the following symptoms:
• Fatigue and low energy levels
• Low mood
• Musculoskeletal aches and pains
• Muscle weakness
• Hair loss
• Generally feeling unwell
• Impaired cognition
Please complete the form below